Thursday 17 July 2014

Whoops. My bad.

As I was sitting smugly in Starbucks, sipping my latté from my mug...I was unaware Walden was in a state of crisis. Unable to shut his own lights off, he was slowly draining of battery power - his pleas for help ignored by the throngs of glass-eyed shoppers.

And there I was...taking my time.

I arrived on the scene just as his light was fading - I ran to his side but was unable to start his engine in time.

Fuck.

Seriously. I made the arduous 1500k journey in Mr. Sketchy Van, only to kill him with my own hand? Stranded, I started approaching random strangers in the parking lot - asking if they could spare some electricity. Perhaps it was the smell - but in a city known for it's winters, NO ONE seemed to have cables. That is, until I started offering $20 for a boost.

Walden got the kiss of life and both parties parted ways.
(To his credit, buddy refused my $20 when I attempted to pay him...perhaps it was the smell).

This is when things got awkward. Here is the sequence of events:

  1. The guy who boosted me turns right out of the West Ed parking lot. I turn left out
  2. A couple of minutes later. I miss the major road I was trying to find and decid to try to connect via a small, quiet residential street
  3. I realize that I'm now following the guy who boosted me down said small, quiet residential street.
  4. He realizes this too. Probably freaks out that he's initiated some sort of serial killer modus operandi and pulls over.
  5. I drive by pretending I haven't seen him.
  6. At the next intersection, I turn left. He turns right.
As helpful as he was - I hope I never see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment