Tuesday 22 July 2014

Okanagan Bound

I'm currently in transit to the Okanagan. Vernon to be exact.

Bought a Olympus TG-3 to take photos with. Figured I needed a top of the line tough cam to document my arduous journey from Starbucks to Starbucks. ;-)

I'm going to need to kick this adventure up a notch.

Driving through the Rockies, it's easy to realize how even an excellent camera wielded by a neophyte photographer cannot come close to capturing it's mind blowing beauty. I was overwhelmed with the number of photo opportunities - I had to force myself to keep driving in order to make some ground. When I did pull over, I was underwhelmed with the resulting photo. Not the fault of the camera - I need to develop some photographing skills.  Until then, if we're honest about it, my selfies and dick pics just shot up in quality.

One plan I had was to use Rideshare on Craigslist to help cut down on gas. So far that has been a flop - a couple almosts but didn't quite work out. Need to plan ahead a little more.

Boondocked down by a river near Roger's Pass last night.
Had a shower at a camp ground fro $2 (that's more like it). Feeling good.
Ichiban and ice cream for supper. Dessert first - cause I DO WHAT I WANT. ;-)

Boondocking enroute to the Okanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment