Sunday 27 July 2014

On The Run In Summerland.

I spent yesterday soaking up the sun in suitably named Summerland.

Had a lovely day with a friend and her awesome dog Mari. Hiked up Giants Head...took a couple photos and hiked down. Seemed like the appropriate action to take - tourists, am-i-right?

Summerland

A typical small community, Summerland's a ghost town after 5 - so after some sashimi, we sat on Main street talking about things like gas mileage (I'm a riveting conversationalist). It eventually came time to call it a night, I figured fuck it - why not just sleep here?

No sooner than crawling into the back - two cop cars pulled up and proceeded to have a pow-wow immediately behind Walden. Not wanting to attract the attention of bored, small town, cops - I kept my head down. After what felt like forever (obviously a slow night in Summerland) - one posted up immediately to my left.

After a while of pretending to be a  rear bench seat. I figured - fuck it, I ain't breaking no laaaaaws (or by-laws as far as I know) - I hoped in the driver seat and drove away.  Crawling away at 30km/hr, it felt like a high speed chase, watching the copper disappear in my rear view.

Avoided authorities for another day - until the morning. After evading the long arm of the law in Summerland, I settled down near the highway on a dead end road. I woke up around 5 to a truck driven by the man (had the gov logo on the side) - circling my van. Obviously doing the rounds (I was parked near some gov facility).  He drove off but I figured I should leave....so I threw on some shorts and drove down to the water for a morning swim. Just as I was leaving, it he was returning up the road and glared at me. Who knows, he might have a resting bitch face like me - but I doubt it.

I jumped in the lake, watched the sunrise, then drove down to Penticton. The forecast is for 35C - so I think that is my cue to leave for more temperate climes.

Early morning dip
Watching the sun rise

No comments:

Post a Comment