Friday 25 July 2014

Level Three

My grandpa used to say "Flexibility is key to air power". Flexibility is key to success - that's true not only in combat but in life in general. One thing I'm enjoying about this lifestyle is that nothing is concrete. You must work with what you are presented with.

I leveled up today - I took a ‘shower’ in a parking lot.

The thunderstorms rolled on through, and left yesterday overcast and rainy. The perfect opportunity to go for a run as I’m a bit of a wilting flower in the heat - rain is a perfect coolant.

I chose the Mission Creek greenway with the intentions of rinsing off in the creek afterwards. Upon arrival, I found it to be silty and engorged with runoff from the rain. Instead, I filled a 4L jug of water in the bathroom, found a quiet corner in the lot and dowsed myself. I was thinking a watering can could be handy...

It worked well, obviously not as thorough as a proper shower or splash in a river, but I felt quite clean afterwards.

Follow the path less traveled, when it ends - keep on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment