Monday 14 July 2014

Vanception

Home owner; has a nice ring to it - especially living in the 2nd most expensive cities in the world when it comes to housing. How did I buy my home and not incur nightmare inducing, soul crushing debt? I used one simple trick.

It's built in '98, it offers a spacious interior, tan exterior, big windows and seats four comfortably - with a bench it would seat seven. Below is a Google Street View of my new accommodations.

It's the gold one; I used the word home carefully


I know I've probably gone from being a financial hero to one that appears to be circling the drain - but hear me out. I'll explain how I got here:

Put simply, the moons aligned.
  1. My work is mobile: I'm lucky enough to have a job that allows me to work anywhere.
  2. I am between residences: My time in Vancouver had come to an end - with my roommate moving to Europe and my girl leaving me (I may have a country singing career on the horizon?)
  3. I've wanted to do this for a while: I like the idea of the challenges, simplicity and adventure that this arrangement entails. Ideally, I'd be on a bike or on foot - but the logistics of working while doing that would be nigh impossible.
In short, I found myself adrift; why fight it?

 I plan on using this blog to record my experiences. I hope you find it interesting (even inspirational).

I had an auspicious start to my journey. A harbinger of tough times ahead? Stay tuned for that story. :-)

2 comments:

  1. If you make it out this far East, we would love to see you. You always have a place to stay.

    ReplyDelete