Sunday 20 July 2014

Adios Edmonton

Just spent the last night boondocking out in the sticks. Other than sleeping in random locations - life hasn’t been altered much. Maybe that is a good thing?

I’m still working on the nutrition side of things, fruit, Chef Boyardee and oatmeal will only get me so far. I eat out, here and there. Anyone have nutritious simple food ideas? Burritos maybe? I am tempted to try Soylent. Seems like the ideal food(?) for living on the go... :-)

Gas costs are much higher than I'd like - but that is to be expected traveling long distances (one nice thing is gas is @113.9 in Edmonton). I’ll try a week of being less mobile when I get back to BC. Squamish maybe? According to my calculations, my mileage is roughly 0.8 - 1L per 10k.

Showering remains the crux. I paid 9 dollars to shower and shave at a rec centre (drop in rate).  Showering regularly would be much easier to do if I were sticking around in a specific municipality so I could get a monthly pass. It was worth it - I hadn’t properly showered for a while, shaving makes me look like an upstanding citizen again….next time, I’ll plan to utilize the facilities a little better and have a steam or something.




My orienteering competition is over (I got rocked, but it was fun) - I'm looking to depart from Edmonton soon. My route back to BC is flexible (I have 2 weeks until I need to be in Whistler) - if you know of anything must see or do on the way back - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment