Monday 18 August 2014

Leaving the Nest

The treat receipt deal ended today - which makes me re-evaluate my dependency on Starbucks. I'd like to reduce my visits to once a day - which forces me to consider how I'll connect to the internet.

I have two options, a internet stick or a tethering via a cell phone. I'm reluctant to commit to either as I know a new iPhone is coming down the pipeline. So, if I were to go the cell route, it would be a soon to be obsolete iPhone 4. I'm currently using a 3G (I rarely use it for anything other than texting)...so even a 4 would be a massive upgrade. One perk to a cell is that it replaces the 3G and would allow a pocket device with data.

 Either option would allow great freedom in terms of where I work - which is very appealing - an might prove to be more cost effective over the long run. I'd hate contracts and would rather go month to month (another point for the cheap iPhone option).

Has anyone had extended experience with either? Opinions?

2 comments:

  1. Split the internet bill with somebody who has Shaw internet and then use Shaw Go Wifi. Not sure if you can get Shaw internet without an address, but seems like a case where they should want to accept your payment.

    http://www.shaw.ca/wifi/hotspots/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent point Scott - a third option. I'd forgotten about Shaw's hotspots. Seems ideal for a guy like me (they aren't lying when they say they are everywhere!)

    ReplyDelete