Thursday 28 August 2014

Battle Stations

I drove my brother back to Yaletown last night after orienteering. After getting some Chipotle (if they were as common as Starbucks, I might have a problem) - I drove over to North Vancouver and parked for the night.

By the time I rolled into North Van, it was super late and past my bed time (~2130hr-2200hr). I picked the first quiet street I could find, which happened to be in a in an commercial/industrial area. I generally don’t choose areas like it because they creep my out at night.

I fall asleep immediately…however in the middle of the night….0300hr or close. I have a dream in which I’m trying to warn someone of some danger - “Wake up” was repeated until I woke into RL with a jolt.

I generally don’t wake myself via dream so I spent the next 10 minutes manning the .50 cal, worried that it was actually my subconscious trying to warn me of imminent danger...turns out it was a false alarm (I think).

I feel it's inevitable that someone will come knocking in the middle of the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment