Friday 10 October 2014

Bending It

I've located myself. I'm in Bend Oregon.

As those familiar with US geography might have guess - I've altered my flight plan. Yesterday, after my freak out about not having a solid direction - I decided to relegate decision making to a coin flip. I was torn between the coast to California and heading inland to Nevada.  Nevada won out.

While I'm feral, I feel I should be focusing on things I want to try/see. California is an easier sell than Nevada at later date. I skipped through Portland for the same reason - I am going there with my girl in a couple of weeks.

I also am quite happy with the outcome of the flip as it got me off the I-5. I took the 22/20 from Salem to Bend which winds through some beautiful country. I will avoid interstates from here on in. I didn't feel funneled and rushed (there is still room to slow down) and made sure to take some pit stops along the way (Check out Sisters if you are in the area). I finally made it to Bend and regretted not boondocking in the forest along the way (I ended up sleeping at Walmart). I need to let go of the feeling that I need to make ground. With that in mind - I'm going spend a rest day here.
Contractual MSR product placement (in my dreams). ;-)

Aaaah. Open road.


A dam.

Stopped to refill my Nalgene. I need to even out my coffee to water ratio.

Aaaaah. MUCH better than the I-5.

Setting sun.

Drove through a scorched forest as the sun set. Camera couldn't quite capture it.

Sisters OR. A cool little town. Took a stop to walk around and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment